Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dumb Jocks

I am not a big sports fan, but regardless I will never understand the point of causing thousands of dollars of damage, inciting mass chaos, and risking life and limb as a celebratory reaction to your sports team's big victory. It's really fucking stupid. Also, it reinforces the stereotype that die hard sports fans are a bunch of mouth-breathing, knuckle dragging, low intelligence ogres. There are more constructive ways to show your exultation. 

There are very few causes that merit this kind of civil unrest. Your stupid team winning the title is not one of them. At least these people got it right:




That's a completely awesome picture.


**Update**
That goes to show you how much of a sports idiot I am - that I thought that Canada won and not lost. Whatever. My original statement still stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment