Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Can You Break a Twenty? I've Got Change

A funny thing happened subsequent to my post from yesterday, I got the following email from the Obama campaign:
I've set aside time for four supporters like you to join me for dinner.
Most campaigns fill their dinner guest lists primarily with Washington lobbyists and special interests.
We didn't get here doing that, and we're not going to start now. We're running a different kind of campaign. We don't take money from Washington lobbyists or special-interest PACs -- we never have, and we never will.
We rely on everyday Americans giving whatever they can afford -- and I want to spend time with a few of you.
So if you make a donation today, you'll be automatically entered for a chance to be one of the four supporters to sit down with me for dinner. Please donate $25 or more today.

It's good to know now that the banksters are not considered a special interest, what with having destroyed the economy, taking close to a trillion dollars of public money, and are sitting around telling the rest of us to fuck ourselves and deal with the consequences of their actions. It's also good to know that the Obama campaign can take time out of its busy agenda of meeting with hedge fund executives and private equity investors to throw back a good ol' beer with four of us peasants, just a coupla regular guys joshin' around and keepin' it real. 

I certainly don't expect the Obama campaign to honestly make a widespread practice of having dinner with its supporters (like I said yesterday, we supply the votes, not the cash), and maybe this is just optics as they try to deal with the NYT piece from yesterday. Regardless, it's pathetic. 

I'm still going to vote for the guy, but don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment