Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Say What You Mean, Mean What You Say

I have always thought that the 'flip-flop' label, when applied to politicians, is a little banal and childish. People should be allowed to change their opinions, based on facts of course, and not for political expediency. That being said, this statement from Mitt Romney makes me want to puke and slap him all at the same time:
ROMNEY: I don’t worry about the top one percent. I don’t stay up nights worrying about ‘gee we need to help them.’ I don’t worry about that. They’re doing just fine by themselves. I worry about the 99 percent in America. I want America, once again, to be the best place in the world to be middle-class. I want to have a strong and vibrant and prosperous middle-class. And so I look at what’s happening on Wall Street and my own view is, boy I understand how those people feel…The people in this country are upset.
Not one week ago, when asked of the Occupy Wall Street protests, he said:
“I think it’s dangerous, this class warfare."
So which is it, Mittens?

No comments:

Post a Comment